In the Spring of 1935, the Empty Saddle Club was organized by a group of local horsemen
interested in promoting western horsemanship and the western way of life. Early in our
history cattle were introduced to the Club and TEAM ROPING, one of the oldest
events in western rodeo became a mainstay of the Club's cattle related activities. The
first roping arena was constructed at the Club in 1947.
TEAM ROPING has evolved from a common western ranch activity of handling cattle on the
open range to what we currently see practiced at the Club. As a matter of fact, the
heeling and heading of cattle and controlling the cow between two ropes for
branding, and doctoring is still used on many western ranches today. Western cowboys
decided to make this ranch roping into a sport that could be practiced in an arena. Many
of the Empty Saddle Club members not only practice this sport at the Club but travel to
roping competitions throughout the western United States.
TEAM ROPING practice at the
Club is on the following schedule:
Sunday 2-4pm (Winter) 3-5pm (time change usually follows Day Light Savings change)
The Club charges a $25.00 cattle use fee.